PLATFORM: GNS3 1.5.2, VMWARE WORKSTATION PRO
IMAGES: junos-vsrx-12.1X47-D20.7, Juniper vQFX RE, Juniper vQFX PFE, Juniper vMX vCP, Juniper vMX vFP, Juniper vMX 14.1R4.8 ( Single VM), NAT Cloud, Ethernet Switch, Linux Server and PC.
Phase-1 LAN Network
- Configured a Two-tier hierarchy with Access and Distribution layers and RVI’s on host facing ports.
- Configured Virtual Chassis at both layers to create a loop free topology and box-level redundancy and LAG to increase the Bandwidth utilization and overall increasing the resilience and performance.
- Configured MC-LAG to provide Loop free layer 2 network, Load Balancing and Multihoming Support.
Phase-2 WAN Network
- VRRP has been configured for both IPv4 and IPv6 networks to provide redundancy by switchover and NAT64 to facilitate communication between IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
- Configured Zones and policies on firewall vSRX to identify and control traffic flow and the Firewalls are clustered together to operate as a single device and for redundancy.
- Configured Screens and Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) and Unified Threat Management (UTM) on Firewall to prevent various attacks like DOS, SYN Floods, Spam, Virus and Zero-Day Attacks.
- Configured Multipoint IPSec VPN Tunnels and DRP between the campuses to provide secure communication over the public Internet.
- Set up Splunk to pull the system logs from the devices and monitor the traffic.